SERVING : 6
12 medium size bell peppers
1/4 cup olive oil
3/4 glass water
3/4 glass rice
2 medium size onions, grated
10 fresh green onions, finely chopped
3/4 cup olive oil
/2 cup water
1 small size tomato, peeled, chopped
1/2 bunch fresh mint, chopped
1 bunch dill, chopped
1/4 bunch parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar
– Cut around the stems of the bell peppers and open the lids up. Remove the seeds, wash and drain them.
– Wash the rice. Add all the other ingredients. Mix well with a wooden spoon before using.
– Stuff the peppers, not very tightly, with the filling and close them either with their own lids or with caps cut out from tomatoes.
– Place them side by side in a saucepan, with the lids upwards.
– Sprinkle with olive oil. Add 3/4 glass of water. Cover and cook on low heat for 45-60 minutes, until the whole water is absorbed and the peppers are tender.
– Let them cool before serving.