1 and 1/2 glasses red lentils
8 glasses White Veal Stock
2 onions, medium size, chopped
2 tablespoons margarine
1/2 tablespoon flour
1 glass milk
3 egg yolks
1 tablespoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
6 slices bread, cubed
3 tablespoons butter
– Wash the red lentils. Put them in 8 glasses of meat stock and 1 glass of plain water. Cook for 35 minutes until they are tender.
– Pass them through a sieve.
– Melt the margarine in another saucepan. Add chopped onions and fry them lightly for 7-8 minutes.
– Add them to the meat stock with the lentil puree. Put salt and pepper. Let simmer.
– Beat the egg yolks with cold milk. Add to the boiling soup, mix well. Turn the heat off as soon as it starts boiling.
– Melt the butter and add small bread cubes and fry them.
– Serve with small bread pieces fried in butter.
– Spinkle finely chopped parsley.