SERVING : 4
500 gr rice
4 and 1/2 glasses Chicken Stock
5 soupspoons butter
1/2 soupspoon salt
200 gr ground lamb meat
1 slice bread, without crust
1 coffee spoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 coffee cup flour
1 and 1/2 coffee cup pine nuts
2 soupspoons butter
– Wash and drain the pine nuts. Soak the bread in water, then sponge out the water.
– Place the bread, some pine nuts, ground meat, salt and pepper in a bowl. Knead the mixture thoroughly, then make little balls of it, the size of a large hazelnut.
– Roll them in flour, then fry them in 2 soupspoons butter.
– In a frying pan, lightly brown the pine nuts in the rest of the butter, then remove them from the heat.
– After washing the rice in a large quantity of water, melt 3 soupspoons butter in a saucepan and add the rice. Brown the rice for 10 minutes on a medium heat, while stirring constantly with a spoon.
– Boil the broth or water in another saucepan. When the rice has cooked for 10 minutes, pour the boiling liquid over it and add salt.
– Turn the heat down as low as possible. Cover. Cook until all the water is absorbed, then put a piece of paper under the cover and let stand.
– When the rice fully prepared add the meat balls and pine nuts. Mix and serve. You can also serve this pilaff in the form of a crown of rice surrounding the pine nuts and meat balls.
– Pour the contents of the other saucepan over the rice. Mix and let boil for 2 minutes, then cook on the lowest possible heat for 17 to 18 minutes.
– Remove from heat, put a piece of paper under the cover and let stand 20 minutes. Serve at once.