SERVINGS : 4
28 large raw shrimps
1 soupspoon butter
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, very finely chopped
1 coffeespoon salt
1/2 coffeespoon pepper
1 and 1/2 coffee cups gruyere cheese, grated
1 coffee cup white wine
1 coffee cup water
4 tomatoes, peeled, finely chopped
1 bay leaf
– Remove the hard surface and the heads from the shrimps. Clean the interior by running a knife point down the length of the body. Wash and drain the shrimps.
– In a small saucepan, saute the shrimps, garlic, onion in butter for 1 minute.
– Add the tomato, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
– Remove the shrimps and place on an oven dish. Reduce the sauce until it will fill a glass, then pour it over the shrimps. Sprinkle with the grated gruyere. Place in a hot oven and cook for 3 minutes.
– Serve at once. You may serve garnished with rice.