SERVING : 6
750 gr minced lamb, without fat
2 large size onions
1/2 cup rice
1 and 1/2 tablespoons margarine
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 glass oil
– Heat the margarine in a saucepan. Lightly brown chopped onions.
– Add rice, some salt and 1 glass of water. Cover and cook on medium heat until the rice is soft and the water is absorbed.
– Let cool.
– Put half of the meat in a saucepan and saute it at high heat until the juice evaporates. Add it to the other half and mix well.
– Add 2 eggs, salt, pepper and the rice with onions. Knead for 5 minutes.
– Take egg size pieces of this mixture and roll each one in the palms of your hands to give flat and oval shapes.
– Heat the oil. Beat 2 eggs in a bowl. Dip each ball in beaten eggs and fry on medium heat, until they are golden brown on both sides.
– Serve at once, with steamed potatoes.