SERVINGS : 5
750 gr minced mutton
1 large onion
2 tablespoons rice
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
1 bunch parsley
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 egg yolks or 1 whole egg
1 lemon juice
1/2 glass meat stock, boiling
– Wash the rice and boil for 15 minutes in 2 glasses of water. Drain.
– Add the rice to the minced meat, together with grated onion, salt and pepper. Knead for 5 minutes.
– In the palms of your hands, roll small walnut size balls and put them in a tray containing finely chopped parsley. Shake the tray so that the parsley sticks onto the meatballs.
– Boil 2 and 1/2 glasses of salted water with butter. Drop the meatballs into it. Cover and cook on medium heat for 20 minutes.
– In a small bowl beat 2 egg yolks or 1 whole egg with lemon juice. Beating vigorously, slowly add 1/2 glass of the boiling meat stock. Add it to the saucepan. Turn the heat off. Mix well.
– Serve at once.