SERVING : 6
8 Medium Artichokes
1 Tablespoon Flour
1 Lemon Juice
4 Glasses Of Water
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Large Tomato
FOR THE FILLING
1 Glass Olive Oil
6 Medium Onions
1 Tablespoon Pistachio Nuts (Suitable For Stuffing)
1/2 Glass Rice
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Sugar
1 Teaspoon Allspice
1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
3 Glasses Of Water
1/2 Bunch Parsley
1/2 Bunch Dill
1/2 Bunch Mint
– Cut off the stalk and the leaves of of the artichokes. Slice tomatoes in circles.
– Put flour, lemon juice and salt into a pan and bring to boil, place the artichokes in boiling water,wait for 5 minutes. Remove the water and line them up on a tray. Put the boiling water into a bowl and put aside.
For the filling
– Let the rice stand in warm water for half an hour. Wash and drain.
– Slice onions thinly. Chop the parsley, dill and mint.
– Heat the olive oil in a frying pan, put onions and pistachio nuts in, stir frequently until the onions are sauteed and pistachio nuts turn golden. Add rice, salt, allspice and black pepper and saute for 5 minutes while stirring. Add water and cook until the rice absorbs the water.
– Remove the pan from heat, add parsley, dill and mint, mix them all together.
– Stuff the artichokes with the prepared filling, pour the artichoke water over. Place tomato slices in between the artichokes.
– Put the tray on the oven and cook for 20 minutes at high temperature. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
– After cooling, place in the refrigerator and leave to stand there for a few hours.The dish will be ready to serve.