SERVINGS : 8
1 kg mutton
300 grams butter
2 large onions
2 tomatoes (or a soupspoon of tomato sauce)
1/2 litre milk
1 and 1/2 kg potatoes
1 bunch parsley
1 bunch dill
1 coffeespoon grated coconut
1 coffeespoon salt
1 coffeespoon pepper
1 coffeespoon thyme
– Cut the meat into small pieces and place in a casserole. Add 150 gr of butter, the onions, the diced carrots, the peeled, seeded and chopped tomatoes, salt and pepper.
– Bake in the oven on a low heat for 1 and 1/2 to 2 hours. (The low heat is necessary because the dish is cooked without adding water.)
– When ready add parsley, dill and a little thyme. Remove from heat.
– Make a puree with the potatoes and milk. Add 150 gr butter and the coconut.
– Place the meat in the center of the serving platter and surround with a crown of potato puree.