SERVING : 4
750 gr okra
6 tablespoons margarine
2 large size onions
2 large size tomatoes
200 gr mutton
3 green peppers
1 lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup vinegar
– Trim the caps of the okra conically. Wash well and drain them.
– Add 3 tablespoons of salt and the vinegar. Mix them well and leave for half an hour.
– Chop the onions and brown them lightly in margarine. Add the meat cut in small pieces and brown for 5 minutes.
– Add 1 teaspoon of salt, half a cup of water. Cover and cook on medium heat for 20 minutes.
– Cut the tomatoes into slices, place them over the meat.Place half of the okra side by side on top of the tomato slices.
– Repeat the same with two more layers of tomatoes and okras.
– Place pieces of green peppers on top of them, add lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of salt and 2 and 1/2 glasses of water. Cover and cook on medium heat for 50-60 minutes.