125 gr rice
6 glasses water
1 and 1/4 glasses sugar
1 tablespoon arrowroot starch
2 pinches saffron
1/2 cup currants
1/2 cup pine nuts
1 pomegranate seeds
– Wash the rice. Cook in water with sugar for 20-25 minutes.
– Leave the saffron in 1 cup of water. Add it to the rice.
– Dissolve the arrowroot starch in 1/2 cup of water. Add it to the rice. Mix well and cook on medium heat for 20-30 minutes, until it thickens.
– Share it out in individual bowls. Let cool.
– Decorate with pine nuts, currants and pomegranate seeds.