TROTTER WITH SAUCE
12 large trotters
12 glasses water
12 cloves garlic, peeled
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 tablespoon salt
12 slices bread
4 tablespoons oil
1 tablespoon flour
1 and 1/2 tablespoons margarine
5 egg yolks
2 lemon juice
1 teaspoon salt
12 tablespoons butter
6 teaspoons ground red pepper.
– Put the cleaned trotters in a large saucepan, together with peeled whole cloves of garlic, olive oil and salt. Cover with water.
– Cook on low heat (removing the scum when it starts boiling) for 8-10 hours until they are tender.
– Take trotters out. Remove the bones with out breaking the meat into pieces.
– Keep the sauce warm.
– Heat the oil in a fring pan. Fry slices of bread on both sides.
– Arrange them side by side in a flat dish. Place trotters meat on each slice of bread.
– Melt the margarine in a small saucepan. Add the egg yolks, salt, lemon juice and flours, mixing well.
– Beating constantly and keeping it on very low heat, slowly add from the trotters sauce.
– Pour this sauce over the meat. Warm it up for 2-3 minutes.
– Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Add the ground red pepper and roast a minute.
– Serve at once and pour over 2 tablespoons of heated butter mixed with ground red pepper.