SERVING : 4
1 kg cabbage
15 glasses water
1/2 glass salt
2 coffee cups olive oil
1/2 coffespoon salt
1/2 coffeespoon sugar
1 glass water
300 grams ground lamb
1 soupspoon butter
2 onions, finely chopped
3 tomatoes, chopped
1/2 soupspoon salt
1 glass water
1 bunch dill, chopped
1 lemon juice
– In a saucepan, partally cook the ground meat in butter. Add the juice of one lemon, salt, water, chopped dill, onions and tomatoes. Cover and boil. Simmer for 1 to a and 1/4 hours.
– Cut out the cabbage heart with a knife.
– Place 15 glasses of water and 1/2 glass salt into a saucepan large enough to contain the cabbage. Put in the separated cabbage leaves turned upward. Cover and boil for 3 minutes.
– Lower the heat. Turn the cabbage over, cover and cook another minutes.
– Turn the cabbage over again remove the softest leaves from the bottom. Turn the cabbage over again and let cook 5 minutes.
– Remove the cover. The leaves should have become supple without being fully cooked. If they are not soft enough, let them remain in the water another 3 or 4 minutes.
– Now place the cabbage leaves under running water. Take each leaf and squeeze it a little. Then gently remove the largest veins with a knife.
– Place the leaves with the thickest veins on the bottom of a large saucepan.
– Place some meat filling in the center of the leaf and roll the leaf from left to right over the filling and finally roll like cigar.
– Place the filled leaves in a saucepan with the extra leaves were put. Add water, oil, salt and sugar. Cook on a low heat for one hour, until all the water is absorbed.
– Serve cold with lemon slices.