SERVING : 5
250 grams grape leaves
2 coffee cups olive oil
1/2 coffeespoon sugar
1 lemon juice
1/2 coffespoon salt
10 glasses water
1 glass water
250 grams rice
250 grams olive oil
750 grams onion, finely chopped
25 grams pine nuts
25 grams currants
1 level dessertspoon salt
1 level dessertspoon sugar
250 grams boiling water
1/2 bunch parsley, chopped
1/2 bunch mint, chopped
1/2 bunch dill, chopped
– Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan. Add the onions and cook to a golden colour.
– Add the washed rice and pine nuts. Stir constantly over a medium heat for about 30 minutes until the rice becomes golden in colour.
– Add the salt, sugar, currants and mix well. Add the boiling water and mix again.
– Cover and cook on a very low heat for 15 minutes.
– Add the dill, mint, parsley and stir.
– Place on a serving dish and let cool before using.
– Remove the stems and boil the grape leaves for 5 minutes in 10 glasses of water and lemon juice.
– Drain and let cool.
– Put the firmest leaves with the thickest veins on the bottom of a saucepan.
– Place a leaf on your left hand, with the large point going past your little finger. With the right hand place a roll of the filling in the middle of the leaf. Fold the 2 side points toward the center and then roll towards the large point of the leaf.
– Place the filled grape leaves in a saucepan. Add a glass of water, the sugar, salt and oil. Cook for about one hour, until all the water has been absorbed.
– Cool and place on a serving dish.