SERVINGS : 6
1 kg mutton (from shoulder or thigh, without fat)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium size onion
2 teaspoon salt
3 small tomatoes
3 bell peppers
1 tablespoon oregano
1 coffeecup yoghurt
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
– Cut the meat into 2-3 cm dice. Slice the onion lengthwise. Sprinkle with salt. Let stand for 10 minutes.
– Rub and squeeze by hand to extract the juice.
– Put the meat into a large pan. Add olive oil, salt and onion juice.
– Cover with a sauce of well beaten yoghurt, tomato paste and melted margarine or butter.
– Skewer the meat with pieces of tomatoes and peppers, leaving 1/2 cm between each piece.
– Grill on barbecue fire for 2-3 minutes each side.
– Sprinkle with salt and oregano.