SERVINGS : 6
1 kg lamb meat, without bones
2 medium size onions, chopped
3 tablespoons margarine
2 small size tomatoes or 2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 small size carrots, scraped
100 gr green peas
2 bunches dill, chopped
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 teaspoon oregano
2 tablespoons thyme
3 tablespoons oil
2 tablespoons salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 large sheets of wax-paper
– Melt the margarine in a saucepan. Add the meat cut into egg size pieces and brown on all sides.
– Add finely chopped onions, scraped carrots cut into small sticks, one bunch of chopped dill and some salt. Cook on medium heat, stirring from time to time, until the juice is absorbed.
– Add vinegar and peeled and chopped tomatoes or tomato paste dissolved in very little water. Cook for 5 minutes more.
– Add 1 galss of warm water. Cover and cook on medium heat for 1 – 1 and 1/2 hours, until the meat is tender.
– Take the meat and carrots out with a skimmer. Strain the sauce.
– Heat the oil. Lightly fry peeled potatoes cut into small cubes. Take them out and add them to the carrots, together with preserved green peas, chopped dill, thyme and oregano.
– Cut up 6 pieces of waxpaper (20×30 cm). In the middle of each one, put one piece of meat, 2-3 tablespoons of vegetables and some sauce. Fold the sides over to make a parcel (taking care that the sauce does not leak out).
– Place the parcels side by side in an oven dish. Slightly wet them with water. Bake them in hot oven for 15 minutes.
– Serve in their parcels.