SERVING : 6
350 gr flour
100 gr flour for rolling
1 and 1/2 tablespoons margarine, softened
320 gr margarine
3/4 glass water
1 tablespoon salt
1 teaspoon lemon juice or vinegar
150 gr minced lamb
3 medium size onions, chopped
1 and 1/2 tablespoons margarine
1/2 bunch parsley
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 coffespoon pepper
– Sift the flour. Make hollow in the middle. Put softened margarine, lemon juice or vinegar, salt. Slowly add water. Mix well and knead for 10 minutes.
– Make a ball and wrap it into wax-paper. Let stand in a cool place for half an hour.
– Sprinkle the table top and the dough with flour. With a rolling pin, roll it out to make a 1/2 cm thick star with 4 corners.
– In the center, place a 320 gr hard margarine and fold the corners over. Wrap it up again with wax-paper and leave in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
– Place it on floured table top. With the rolling pin, roll it out into a 1/2 cm thick long piece. Fold the two ends towards the center, then fold it again like a wallet.
– Roll it out again and fold it again into four. Wrap it up and leave in the refrigerator for 1 hour more.
– Repeat this rolling and folding procedure once more and let stand for 1 hour more.
– Melt the margarine in a saucepan. Add the onions and brown them. Add the meat and salt. Cook it stirring constantly until the juice evaporates.
– Add pepper and chopped parsley. Mix well.
– Roll the dough out about 1/2 cm thick. Place spoonfuls of filling on one side. Fold the edge over, pressing lightly. With the edge of a plate, cut out crescent shaped pasties.
– Place them in a wet oven pan. Brush them with egg yolk.
– Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until they are golden brown.