SERVING : 6
350 gr flour
1 tablespoon margarine
2 and 1/2 tablepoons butter
3/4 tablespoon salt
1 egg yolk
1 and 1/2 glass oil
150 gr minced mutton
3 medium size onions, chopped
1 and 1/2 tablespoons margarine
1/2 bunch parsley
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 coffespoon pepper
– Sift 350 gr of flour. Make hollow in the middle. Put the egg yolk, melted margarine, salt and 1/2 cup of water. Mix and knead to make a soft dough, as soft as the ear lobe.
– Cover with a wet cloth and let stand for 1 hour.
– Sprinkle the table top with flour. Divide the dough into 5 equal pieces. With a rolling pin, roll each one out to a plate size disc.
– Spread melted butter on each one and place them one on top of the other.
– Cover with a damp cloth. Let stand in a cool place for 1 hour.
– To make filling; brown chopped onions lightly in margarine. Add the meat and salt. Cook it stirring constantly until the juice evaporates.
– Add pepper and chopped parsley. Mix well.
– Roll the dough out, all together, as big and thin as possible. On one side of the dough, put small amounts of the filling. Fold the edge over and press lightly. Cut out crescents and make sure that the edges are well sealed.
– Place them in a tray sprinkled with flour. Proceed the same way until you finish the whole dough.
– Heat the oil in a frying pan. Fry the pasties, 3-4 at a time, until golden brown on both sides, pouring spoonfuls of the same hot oil over while frying.
– Drain well and arrange on a serving dish.
– Serve at once.