SERVING : 3
6 large size firm tomatoes, halved, seeded
3/4 glass olive oil
1 and 1/2 glasses of water
1/2 teaspoon salt
250 grams rice
250 grams olive oil
750 grams onion, finely chopped
25 grams pine nuts
25 grams currants
1 level dessertspoon salt
1 level dessertspoon sugar
250 grams boiling water
1/2 bunch parsley, chopped
1/2 bunch mint, chopped
1/2 bunch dill, chopped
– Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan. Add the onions and cook to a golden colour.
– Add the washed rice and pine nuts. Stir constantly over a medium heat for about 30 minutes until the rice becomes golden in colour.
– Add the salt, sugar, currants and mix well. Add the boiling water and mix again.
– Cover and cook on a very low heat for 15 minutes.
– Add the dill, mint, parsley and stir.
– Place on a serving dish and let cool before using.
– Cut the tomatoes around the top and take the lids off. Remove the pulp with the help of a small spoon. Cut the pulp into small pieces and use them in the meat filling
– Stuff the tomatoes with the meat filling and put the lids on.
– Arrange them in a saucepan. Add 1 and 1/2 glasses of water, olive oil and salt. Cover and cook on medium heat for 30-35 minutes, until they are tender.
– Serve warm.