225 gr flour
85 gr melted butter or margarine
2 whole eggs
1 egg yolk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 and 1/4 glasses oil
2 glasses water
1 and 3/4 glasses sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
– Melt the sugar in 2 glasses of water. Add the lemon juice and boil. Let simmer for 15 minutes. Let cool.
– Heat the butter in a saucepan. Add 1 and 1/2 glasses of water with some salt. Let boil.
– Add the flour at once and cook on medium heat for 7-8 minutes, stirring all the time with a wooden spoon. Let the dough cool.
– Add 2 whole eggs and 1 egg yolk. Mix well and knead for 10 minutes.
– Oil the palms of your hands. Take large walnut size pieces from the dough. Flatten them and fold each one in two to have them look like lips.
– Drop them into a frying pan with lukewarm oil in it. Do not fill the pan completely, otherwise they will stick together.
– Put the pan on medium heat and fry the dough until golden brown on both sides.
– Drain well and drop into the syrup. Leave in syrup for 15 minutes.
– Repeat the same with the rest of the dough, letting the oil cool a little each time.