SERVING : 4
1 kg flour
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon salt
– Sieve the flour onto a pastry board, make a dip in the centre and into this break 5 whole eggs, 2 teaspoons of salt, and half a cup of milk.
– Knead very well.
– The dough will be fairly stiff and when cut no small air bubles should be visible.
– Divide the dough into two equal parts, cover with a damp cloth and set aside for 20 minutes.
– Roll out each piece into regular circles 2-3 mm in thickness.
– Leave the rolled out pasty on a floured board until it is partially dried, about 1 and 1/2 hours.
– Cut into quarter circles and stack one on top of the other, flouring each piece and cut these into strips about 3 cm wide, then cut the stripes widthways into pieces 3-4 mm wide so that each piece is the size of a match.
– Spread the pieces on a clean dry cloth and leave to dry in a cool place.
– When they are completely dry, pack in boxes or bags.