SERVINGS : 6
1 kg minced lean mutton (not very fresh, specially cut and minced 4-5 times)
1 kg bulgur (boiled and pounded wheat)
2 large onions, grated
1 dozen cloves garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon cummin
1 tablespoon pepper
1 cup hot red pepper paste
1/2 cup tomato paste
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1 bunch parsley, chopped
1 teaspoon ground red pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 lemon juice
2 tablespoon butter
Cos lettuce leaves
– Pour 1 glass of hot water over the “bulgur” and let stand (you may replace the hot water with 1 glass of grated tomatoes).
– Mix the meat with the other ingredients and leave for 1 hour.
– Mix the meat with the bulgur and vigorously knead for 20 minutes, rubbing it against the side of your hand.
– Take small walnut size pieces of it and squeezing each one in the palm of your hand give it an irregular shape.
– Arrange them on a servings dish.
– Serve with cos lettuce leaves and a mixture of chopped green onions and parsley with salt, red pepper, lemon juice and olive oil.