SERVINGS : 6
1 tablespoon curry powder
60 gr butter
500 ml Bechamel Sauce
500 ml milk, warm
2 medium onions, finely chopped
1 garlic clove
1/2 teaspoon fresh root ginger, grated
60 gr plain flour
– Boil the eggs. Remove the shells and cut each one into 4 round slices.
– Melt butter in a heavy-based saucepan over low heat. Sauce onions, garlic and ginger, remove garlic clove after 1-2 minutes, because only a hint of its flavour is needed.
– Continue cooking over low heat until the onion is becoming soft and golden, but not brown. Stir in curry powder and flour. Cook about 3 minutes until bubbly.
– Stir in warm milk and bring to a boil.
– Add Bechamel Sauce to onions and mix thoroughly.
– Serve hot, spooned over hot-boiled eggs.