SERVING : 6
1 kg white cabbage
1 lemon juice
1 soupspoon butter
2 onions, halved
500 grams minced mutton
150 grams rice
6 onions, finely chopped
1/2 soupspoon salt
A little pepper
1/2 bunch dill, chopped
1/2 bunch parsley, chopped
1/2 bunch mint, chopped
– Place the onion on a soup plate, sprinkle with salt. Knead until the onion becomes transparent.
– Add water and drain. Repeat this procedure twice.
– Place the prepared onion and all the other ingredients in a bowl, and mix very well.
– Cut out the cabbage heart with a knife.
– Place 15 glasses of water and 1/2 glass salt into a saucepan large enough to contain the cabbage. Put in the separated cabbage leaves turned upward. Cover and boil for 3 minutes.
– Lower the heat. Turn the cabbage over, cover and cook another minute.
– Turn the cabbage over again remove the softest leaves from the bottom. Turn the cabbage over again and let cook 5 minutes.
– Place some large cabbage leaves on the bottom of a large saucepan. Put the stuffed leaves on top.
– Add the butter, onions, 2 glasses of water, salt and a chopped tomato.
– Cover and cook 45 minutes on a low heat.