SERVING : 4
2 large round eggplants
250 grams ground meat
1 glass oil
2 glasses water
2 small green peppers
1 soupspoon butter
1 onion, chopped
2 tomatoes, chopped
2 tomatoes, whole
1/2 soupspoon salt
1 bunch parsley
– Brown the onion in butter for 3 minutes.
– Add the ground meat. Stir and cook for 5 minutes.
– Add the chopped tomatoes, salt and water. Cook for 15 minutes longer.
– Strain this mixture and keep the excess liquid in a separate bowl.
– Stir the chopped parsley into the meat mixture.
– Cut off a little from both ends of the eggplants, then cut them in half. Peel the halves, leaving 1 cm of peel on each end.
– Hollow out the cut side of each half to the depth of 1 cm, then fry them in oil until they are almost done.
– Place the eggplants in a saucepan, the hollowed part up.
– Place some meat mixture in each eggplant half.
– Pour the cooking juice into the saucepan, cover and cook for 30 minutes on a low heat.