250 gr flour
100 gr butter
50 gr potato starch
1 souspspoon sugar
A pinch salt
2 glasses olive oil
500 gr water
1 kg sugar
2 soupspoons lemon juice
– Prepare the syrup by boiling the water with sugar and lemon juice for 2 minutes. Put aside to cool.
– Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add water, sugar and salt, bring to a boil.
– Add the flour while beating the mixture vigorously with a whisk. Cook for 10 minutes while continually beating it.
– Remove from the heat and let cool.
– When the mixture has cooled, add eggs one by one, then the starch while mixing constantly.
– Warm the oil in a frying pan. Make a horn with heavy cloth (or use a pastry bag).
– Squeeze out pieces of dough into the oil, each one being 4 or 5 cm wide. Move the pan back and forth occasionally while the fritters are frying. Fry for 10-15 minutes until the fritters are golden brown.
– Put them into the cooled syrup and let stand 15 minutes.
– Place them on a serving dish.
– Serve when the fritters have completely cooled.