125 grams green lentils
1 litres White Veal Stock
50 gr flour
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon red pepper
4 slices stale bread, cubed
1/2 teaspoon mint
1/2 teacup frying oil
– Pick over and wash lentils, add water to cover and bring to boil.
– Cover and simmer until the liquid is absorved.
– Gradually add the hot meat stock and sieve or put through an electric blender.
– Melt the butter, add the flour and stir over medium heat for 1-2 minutes, gradually add the soup.
– Cover and let simmer for 10 minutes.
– Heat the oil and add small bread cubes and fry them.
– Serve with croutons fried in oil. Spinkle finely chopped mint.