2,5 kg duck, boneless, meat removed from the skin
30 gr butter
2 shallots, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
500 gr veal liver, chopped
250 gr chicken liver, chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1 teapoon black pepper
1 coffeespoon allspice
1 coffeespoon thyme
3 eggs, beaten
3 soupspoons cognac
3 soupspoons oil
– Melt the butter in a small size fryingpan over moderate heat. Add shallots and garlics. Roast for 3-4 minutes, stirring often, until turn golden.
– Remove from the heat. Transfer roasted shallots and garlics with slotted spoon to a bowl.
– Add chopped duck meat, ground veal meat, chicken livers, salt, pepper, allspice, beaten egg and cognac. Mix well together.
– Spread the duck skin. Pour over the filling stuff. Cover the skin well and stitch up.
– Cover the stuffed duck with dough.