SERVING : 6
350 gr flour
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon salt
100 gr starch
6 tablespoons margarine
200 gr white cheese, mashed
1/2 cup milk
1/2 bunch parsley, chopped
1/2 bunch dill, chopped
– Sift 350 gr of flour. Make a hollow in the middle. Put the eggs, water and salt. Mix and knead.
– Divide into 9 pieces, one of them bigger than the other 8.
– Flatten each piece. Cover them with a damp cloth and let stand for half an hour.
– To make filling; put the mashed cheese, beaten egg, milk, chopped dill and parsley into a bowl. Mix them well.
– With a rolling pin, roll out the bigger piece of dough twice as big as the baking pan, which should be a straight-sided one of 25 cm in diameter.
– Place the rolled out dough into the buttered pan, with the edges coming out of the pan.
– Roll the other 8 pieces out. Put 4 of them together, one on top of the other, sprinkling with starch between each layer. Roll them out together, as big as the baking pan. Repeat the same for the other 4.
– Boil 4 litres of water with 1 and 1/2 tablepsoons of salt. Boil the doughs one by one for 1 minute each.
– Take them out, taking care not to tear them, dip in a bowl of cold water, drain and place into the baking pan, with melted margarine in between.
– After 4 layers of dough, spread the filling. Put the other 4 layers of dough boiled one by one. Fold the edges of the first one over. Spread on the remaining margarine.
– Bake in medium hot oven for 1 and 1/2 hours, until golden brown.
– Take it out of the oven and put it upside down on a round serving dish.
– Serve at once.