450 gr flour
1/2 litre olive oil
150 gr butter
A pinch of salt
1 glass fresh cream
100 gr pistachio nuts, crushed
2 and 1/2 glasses water
1 and 1/4 kg sugar
2 soupspoons lemon juice
– Prepare the syrup by boiling 2 and 1/2 glasses of water, the sugar and lemon juice for 2 minutes. Put aside.
– Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add 3 glasses of water and bring to a boil.
– Add a pinch of salt and the flour and keep stirring over a low heat for 10 minutes.
– Remove from the heat and let it become cool.
– Stir the eggs in one by one.
– Oil your hands and take portions the size of walnuts from the mixture and fashion them into oval shapes. Make a slit down the center with your finger giving them the appearance of lips.
– Place the little pastries into the warm oil, cook them on a medium heat.
– Let them soak for 15 minutes in the cooked syrup.
– Place them on a serving plate and top with fresh cream and crushed pistachio nuts.