SERVINGS : 8
2 kg mutton, cut into small pieces
300 gr butter
2 large size onions
2 tomatoes or 1 soupspoon tomato sauce
1/2 litre milk
1 and 1/2 kg potatoes
1 bunch parsley
1 bunch dill
1 coffeespoon coconut, grated
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon thyme
– Cut the meat into small pieces and place in a saucepan. Add 150 gr of butter, the onions, the diced carrots, the peeled, seeded and chopped tomatoes, salt and pepper.
– Cook on a low heat for 1 and 1/2 to 2 hours. (The low heat is necessary because the dish is cooked without adding water.)
– When ready add parsley, dill and thyme. Mix. Remove from heat.
– Make a puree with the potatoes and milk. Add 150 gr butter and the coconut.
– Place the meat in the center of the serving platter. Surround with a crown of potato puree.