SERVING : 4
1 sheep liver
1/2 cup flour
2 teaspoons red ground pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1 glass olive oil
3 medium size onions
1 bunch parsley
– Cut the onions in half and each half into thin lengthwise slices.
– Put them in a bowl and rub with 1 teaspoon of salt to extract the juice. Wash and drain. Add chopped parsley. Leave it aside to be used as garnish for the livers.
– Remove the membrane and the veins of the liver. Cut it into small cubes, the size of a large hazelnut. Wash and drain well.
– Add 1 teaspoon of red pepper.
– Heat the olive oil in a frying pan. Take a handful of liver cubes, coat them with flour and fry in very hot olive oil for one minute.
– Take them out and repeat the same with the rest of the liver cubes. Spinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
– Serve accompanied with the garnish.