SERVINGS : 6
1 and 1/4 kg lamb, cut into large pieces
2 large onions
1 glass water
400 gr butter
1/2 glass oil
1 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
– Wash and drain the pieces of meat. Partially cook them in a saucepan in 200 gr of butter.
– In a frying pan, brown the onions in the remaining butter. Add the water, salt and pepper. Boil for 5 minutes.
– Pour all of this into the saucepan containing the meat. Cook on a low heat for 1 and 1/2 hours.
– Before the meat is done, cut the potatoes into large pieces and fry them in oil.
– When the meat is done, put it and the sauce in a baking dish, placing the potatoes around the meat.
– Cook in a hot oven for 20 minutes.
– Serve at once.