500 gr flour
100 gr castor sugar
200 gr butter
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 and 1/2 glasses sugar
1 and 1/4 glasses water
1/2 lemon juice
– Boil the syrup and let simmer for 15 minutes. Let cool.
– Beat the egg with sugar. Add softened butter and continue beating. Add salt and flour. Knead well.
– Take large walnut size pieces from the dough and roll each one in the palms of your hands to make 15 small balls. Press and flatten them slightly.
– Place them in an oiled oven pan, leaving 2 cm in between.
– With your finger make a hole in the middle of each one, where you put a peeled whole almond.
– Bake them in medium hot oven for 35-50 minutes, until they are golden brown.
– Pour the syrup over and let stand for 1 hour.