SERVING : 10
20 small size bell peppers
5 small size tomatoes
2 coffee cups olive oil
1/2 coffeespoon sugar
1/2 coffeespoon salt
3/4 glass water
250 grams rice
250 grams olive oil
750 grams onion, finely chopped
25 grams pine nuts
25 grams currants
1 level dessertspoon salt
1 level dessertspoon sugar
250 grams boiling water
1/2 bunch parsley, chopped
1/2 bunch mint, chopped
1/2 bunch dill, chopped
– Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan. Add the onions and cook to a golden colour.
– Add the washed rice and pine nuts. Stir constantly over a medium heat for about 30 minutes until the rice becomes golden in colour.
– Add the salt, sugar, currants and mix well. Add the boiling water and mix again.
– Cover and cook on a very low heat for 15 minutes.
– Add the dill, mint, parsley and stir.
– Place on a serving dish and let cool before using.
– Cut around the stems of the peppers with a knife. Remove the seeds. Wash and drain them.
– Cut the tomatoes into 4 pieces.
– Fill the peppers with the rice filling. Cap with a tomato piece pushing it firmly into the pepper.
– Place the stuffed peppers at the bottom of a saucepan, the tomatoes facing upward.
– Add the salt, water, oil and sugar. Cook on a low heat for 45 minutes, until all the water has evaporated.
– Let them cool before serving.