SERVING : 4
4 large bell peppers
4 soupspoons olive oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
750 gr tomatoes, peeled
1 glass water
1 soupspoon tomato paste
1 teaspoon salt
1 coffeespoon black pepper
1 soupspoon parsley, finely chopped
2 dessert spoons capar
350 gr canned tuna fish, drained, chopped
4 ancvhovy fillets, chopped
6 black olives, seeded, chopped
30 gr cheese
– Cut around the stems of the peppers and open the lids up for 2 cm from upper side. Remove the seeds and wash them well. Chop cut parts except stems.
– Heat 2 soupspoons olive oil in a large saucepan over moderate heat. Add onions, garlics and chopped peppers. Roast for 5-6 minutes, stirring often.
– Add tomatoes, water, tomato paste, salt and pepper. Cover. Cook for 20-30 minutes, stirring often until thicken.
– Add parsley, kapari, tuna, anchovy and olives. Cook for 5 minutes more. Remove from heat and let cool.
– Stuff the peppers with the filling until 1,5 cm left from upper side.
– Oil a baking oven with 1 soupspoon olive oil and arrange stuffed peppers side by side. Spinkle 1 soupspoon olive oil over stuffed peppers.
– Cook for 45 minutes in oven. Spread cheese over stuffed peppers and cook 15 minutes more.
– Serve warm.