SERVING : 6
2 lemons juice
1 coffee spoon salt
1/2 coffee spoon sugar
5 glasses water
125 ml thickened cream
250 ml Hollandaise Sauce
2 eggs, hard-boiled, shelled, chopped
– Put the lemon juice in a bowl and add 5 glasses water.
– The artichokes must be cut so as to leave only the heart and some of the stem. First tear out the leaves by pulling them opposite to the direction in which they grow.
– Scrape to remove the small filaments and cover all the exposed areas with lemon juice to prevent the artichoke from turning black.
– Remove the stem from its hard base. Trim around the heart with a knife scraping to the bottom of the heart, not forgetting to rub immediately with lemon.
– Let the artichokes sit in water with lemon juice before being used.
– Place the artichokes side by side in a saucepan. Add salt and sugar.
– Boil and cook on a low heat for 1 hour.
– Whip cream until stiff. In top of double boiler over simmering water fold cream into Hollandaise Sauce and eggs gently fold until well blended. Transfer to serving dish.
– Serve hot over boiled artichokes.