SERVING : 6
4 medium size celery roots
4 tablespoons margarine
250 gr mutton
2 medium size onions
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoons pepper
3 glasses White Beef Stock
1 lemon juice
– Melt the margarine in a saucepan. Add chopped onions, meat cut into small cubes, salt and pepper. Cover and cook on medium heat, stirring from time to time, for 2 minutes.
– Onions and meat should not be browned, otherwise the celery will change colour.
– Peel the celery roots. Cut them first into halves, then into 1 cm thick slices and immediately put them into water with the juice of 1/2 lemon.
– Drain the celeries.
– Cook them for 10 minutes at high heat, in 1/2 glass of meat stock and 2 tablespoons of margarine.
– Put the meat in the center of a flat pan. Arrange the celeries neatly all around. Spinkle with salt. Pour in rest of the meat stock. Cover and cook on medium heat for 20-30 minutes, until the celeries are tender.
– Drain the sauce and keep it warm. Take the meat and celeries upside down onto a serving dish.
– In a small bowl, beat the egg with lemon juice. Little by little add from the hot sauce, beating vigorously, until it thickens.
– Pour it over the meat and celeries. Serve at once.