SERVING : 6
1 glass olive oil
1 green pepper, sliced
1 tomatoes, sliced
500 grams ground meat (a mixture of beef and lamb)
1 soupspoon butter
3 onions, finely diced
3 tomatoes, grated
1 bunch parsley, chopped
1/2 soupspoon salt
1/2 soupspoon pepper
– Dice the onions very finely and brown them in the butter.
– Add the ground meat and brown for a few minutes while mashing it with a fork.
– Add the salt, pepper and grated tomatoes. Mix and let cook.
– This filling should not be too loose when it is used to stuff the eggplants.
– Remove all but 2 cm of the stem, then peel them, leaving 2 cm wide bands lengthwise (to prevent the eggplants from crumbling).
– Place the eggplants in a covered baking dish. Split the eggplants lengthwise, removing some of the sides of the cut.
– Fill the split eggplants, opening them lightly. They can be decorated with a slice of green pepper and tomato.
– Pour a glass of olive oil and 1/2 glass of water into the baking dish. Cover and cook on the stove for 3/4 hour on a low heat.