SERVING : 6
1 and 1/2 kgs carrots, peeled, sliced
300 grams flour
1 and 1/2 glasses oil
500 grams yoghurt
1 and 1/2 teaspoon salt
– Boil the 10 glasses of water in a saucepan.
– Scrape the carrots and cut them lengthwise into thin slices of 3-4 mm.
– Cook them in boiling water until they start to get soft.
– Drain and let cool.
– Put the flour and 1 teaspoon of salt in a flat bowl. Slowly add 5 and 1/2 cups of water, stirring constantly, until it becomes smooth and creamy.
– Heat the oil in a frying pan. Dip the carrot slices one by one into the flour paste and fry them in oil until they are golden brown on both sides (not more than 4-5 at a time).
– Serve with salted yoghurt.