225 gr fragrant pink rose petals
6 and 1/4 cups sugar (1 and 1/2 kg)
3 and 3/4 cups water
9 gr citric acid or 3 tablespoons lemon juice
– Place the rose petals and water in a saucepan. Put the lid on and boil until the petals become a palecolour.
– Add the sugar and boil with the lid off until the syrup thickens.
– Test whether the jam is ready by taking some of the jam on a spoon and dropping it onto a plate. If the last drop keeps its shape, then the jam is ready.
– Now add the lemon juice or citric acid dissolved in a little water, bring to the boil once more and then empty the jam into a clean, dry bowl.
– When it is cold, fill the jam jars and seal.