10 small eggplants
2 lemons juice
1 kg white cabbage, finely chopped
1 bunch dill leaves, finely crushed
1 bunch dill stalks
1 soupspoon ground red pepper
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 liter vinegar
2 liters water
1/4 glass oil
– Remove the stems of the eggplants. Peel them leaving lengthwise stripes. On one side, make a deep lengthwise incision with a knife.
– Leave them in salted water for half an hour.
– Put the water into a large saucepan to half over high heat and bring to boil.
– Add lemon juice and stir. Add the eggplants and boil for 3 minutes.
– Transfer boiled eggplants with a slotted spoon into a bowl. Let cool
– Add 3 glasses water into the saucepan and bring to boil again. Add the cabbages. Boil for 3 minutes.
– Remove from heat. Transfer boiled cabages with a soltted spoon into a bowl. Let cool.
– Put cabbages into a large bowl. Add dill leaves, ground pepper and garlic. Mix well.
– Stuff the eggplants with this mixture and wrap up each eggplant.
– Arrange in a pickle jar with dill stalks. Pour over water mixed with vinegar.
– Let stand for about a month.