10 large zucchini squash
2 lemons juice
1/2 kg white cabbage, finely chopped
1 bunch dill leaves, finely chopped
2 carrots, skinned and finely chopped
1 soupspoon ground red pepper
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 liter vinegar
2 liters water
1/4 glass oil
3 soupspoons salt
250 gr celery stalks
– Choose short and rather thick zucchinis. Peel them and cut the ends off. If they are too large, cut them in half. Cut out conical caps from the larger end of each one. Hollow them out with a knife, taking care not to pierce them.
– Put cabbages into a large bowl. Add dill leaves, carrots, ground pepper and garlic. Mix well.
– Stuff the squash with this mixture and close the open ends with the caps.
– Arrange in a pickle jar with celery stalks. Pour over water mixed with oil, vinegar, lemon juice and salt.
– Let stand for about a month.