SERVING : 4
1 kg spinach
200 gr butter
1/2 lt milk
1 onion, chopped
50 gr flour
50 gr cheese
2 soupsppns bread crums
1 soupspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
– Wash the spinach and boil in a large quantity of water for 25 to 30 minutes.
– Drain and squeeze to remove the excess water, then chop on a breadboard.
– Brown the onion in 100 gr of butter. Add the salt, pepper and the chopped spinach. Cook 2 minutes more.
– Pour into a round, high-sided cake mold. Spread it evenly, then make 8 hollow places with the back of a spoon. Break an egg into each hollow.
– Prepare a cream sauce with 50 gr of butter, 50 gr of flour, the milk and a little salt. Add the grated cheese and stir.
– Pour this sauce over the eggs, sprinkle with bread crumbs and melted butter and place in the oven until the eggs are cooked.
– Serve at once.