SERVINGS : 4
1 tablespoon curry powder
2 tablespoons butter
500 ml White Sauce
2 medium onions, finely chopped
1 garlic clove
1/2 teaspoon fresh root ginger, grated
– Boil the eggs. Remove the shells and cut each one into 4 round slices.
– Melt butter in a heavy-based saucepan over low heat. Sauce onions, garlic and ginger, remove garlic clove after 1-2 minutes, because only a hint of its flavour is needed.
– Continue cooking over low heat until the onion is becoming soft and golden, but not brown. Stir in curry powder.
– Cook a few minutes longer over low heat, taking care not to brown onions.
– Add White Sauce to onions and mix thoroughly.
– Serve hot, spooned over hot-boiled eggs.