SERVING : 6
750 gr pasta
18 glasses water
45 gr butter
1 soupspoon tomato paste
200 gr oil
3 eggplant, chopped
2 tomatoes, skinned, chopped
1 onion, finely chopped
1 carrot, grated
4 soupspoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
1 dessertspoon salt
1 coffeespoon black pepper
1/2 glass water
– Boil the pasta in salted water for 7-8 minutes.
– Drain, cover with cold water and let stand 15 minutes.
– In a large saucepan melt butter. Add onion and toast, stirring constantly until soft and golden.
– Add tomatoes, carrots, salt and black pepper. Cook 20-25 minutes, stirring constantly.
– In another heavy-based saucepan heat oil. Add eggplants and fry until soft and golden. Transfer with slotted spoon to tomato sauce.
– Add 1/2 glass water and tomato paste. Cook 10 minutes and stir.
– Remove from heat and add parsley.
– Serve hot over freshly-cooked pasta.