SERVING : 6
750 gr pasta
18 glasses water
250 gr minced beef
125 ml dry white wine
250 ml Beef Stock
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 chicken livers, finely chopped
125 ml thickned cream
60 gr butter
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 small carrot, finely chopped
1 celery stalk, finely chopped
A pinch ground nutmeg
1 tablespoon fresh oregano, finely chopped or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
A few salt
A few pepper
– Boil the pasta in salted water for 7-8 minutes.
– Drain, cover with cold water and let stand 15 minutes.
– Melt butter in a large, heavy-based saucepan. Add onion, celery and carrot. Cook over medium heat until the onion is golden and soft.
– Add beef and cook until is no longer pink, stirring often to prevent sticking.
– Add salt, pepper, nutmeg and oregano. Increase heat to high and pour in wine. Bring to the boil, stirring constantly and cook until the wine has almost evaporated.
– Add beef stock and tomato paste and simmer for 35-40 minutes, uncovered, stirring often.
– A few minutes before serving, add the chicken livers with cream and stir.
– Serve hot with pasta.