SERVING : 6
750 gr pasta
18 glasses water
125 ml olive oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 teaspoons fresh oregano, chopped or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
500 gr ripe tomatoes or canned skinned tomatoes
1 tablespoon capers, drained
12 large black olives, stoned and chopped
1 to 2 small fresh red chillies, according to taste
– Boil the pasta in salted water for 7-8 minutes.
– Drain, cover with cold water and let stand 15 minutes.
– Slice each chilli and use the tip of a knife to remove seeds.
– Skin fresh tomatoes, use a spoon to scoop out seeds, then chop. Strain canned tomatoes.
– In a glass or ceramic bowl, marinate the olives, chillies and cappers in 4 tablespoons oil for at least 1 hour.
– Meanwhile gently saute the onion and garlic in the remaining oil until golden. Add the oregano.
– Turn all ingredients into a flameproof casserole or large frying pan and cook over medium to high heat until the mixture thickens and darkens slightly.
– Remove chillies.
– Serve the sauce hot with pasta.