SERVING : 4
3 sheets philo dough (yufka)
4 kg leeks
50 gr bread crumbs
150 gr olive oil
150 gr cheese, grated
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
– Place one philo dough sheet over the other, spreading softened butter over, the first and second layers. Spread the yoghurt on the third.
– Following the diameters cut the stacked dough sheets into 4ths, then 8ths and finally 16 equal triangular pieces.
– Wash the leeks and cut them into pieces.
– Boil in water.
– Blend in a food mill.
– Add 7 eggs, grated cheese, a little salt and pepper and olive oil to the puree. Mix well.
– Butter a baking dish and sprinkle with bread crumbs.
– Spread in the mixture.
– Place the pasty on a buttered baking dish.
– Beat the remaining egg and spread over the pasty.
– Bake until the surface of the pasty becomes golden brown.