SERVING : 6
3 sheets philo dough (yufka)
3/4 glass milk
6 tablespoons margarine
150 gr minced mutton
3 medium size onions, chopped
1 and 1/2 tablespoons margarine
1/2 bunch parsley
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 coffespoon pepper
– To make filling; brown chopped onions lightly in margarine. Add the meat and salt. Cook it stirring constantly until the juice evaporates.
– Add pepper and chopped parsley. Mix well.
– Brush an oven pan of 24-30 cm in diameter with melted margarine.
– Add the eggs and milk to the rest of the melted margarine and beat them well.
– Lay one sheet of philo dough into the pan, allowing the edges to go 8-10 cm beyond the rims. Tear the excess parts away.
– Spread 3-4 tablespoonful of the milk mixture over the philo dough.
– Lay two more layers of philo dough, cut the same size as the pan, spreading milk mixture on each layer.
– Spread the filling. Lay the rest of the philo dough in 2-3 layers, always moistening them with the milk mixture. Fold the edges of the first philo dough over.
– Spread the remaining milk mixture all over it.
– Bake in medium hot oven for 25-30 minutes until it is golden brown.