SERVING : 4
3 sheets philo dough (yufka)
1 glass oil
150 gr minced mutton
3 medium size onions, chopped
1 and 1/2 tablespoons margarine
1/2 bunch parsley
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 coffespoon pepper
– Brown chopped onions lightly in margarine. Add the meat and salt. Cook it stirring constantly until the juice evaporates.
– Add pepper and chopped parsley. Mix well.
– Put the philo dough sheets one on top of the other. Fold them in half and cut along the diameter.
– Cut these semi-circular layers into four equal parts. Thus you will have 24 equal triangular sheets.
– On the shorter end of each triangle put a small amount of the filling. Fold the two sides over and roll it on like a cigarette. Dip the sharp end in a glass of water and stick it on.
– Heat the oil in a frying pan. Fry them on medium heat, until they are golden brown on both sides.
– Drain well.
– Serve hot.